Yes, we’re open.
In line with the Victorian Government’s easing of COVID-19 restrictions, we are happy to be open!
As we continue to provide amazing, unique, interactive fun, magic and adventure, we place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our visitors and staff. We have introduced a range of health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Some of the measures may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive and others require consideration from visitors to help ensure everyone has a magical visit.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe and how you can help us:
Before you arrive at A Maze’N Things
- Please carry a face mask with you. Due to current Covid situation within our region, face masks are now required in all our indoor areas for the safety of our visitors and staff.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page for the latest information.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our attraction if you start displaying any symptoms associated with COVID-19
- Please note: Pram parking is currently unavailable. We kindly ask that you leave your pram in the car and make use of one of our complimentary strollers inside our attraction.
When you arrive at A Maze’N Things:
- We have reduced activity capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- We have information signage sharing key safety messages and instructions.
- All visitors are required to check in on arrival using the Service Victoria QR Code; for those unable to check in with their phone, our staff will assist you with checking in via Service Victoria online Kiosk at Reception.
- In accordance with the current government directives, please note that for us to keep our attraction open, we require all visitors ages 18+ attending our venue to show proof of double or full Covid-19 vaccination status as a condition of entry. We can accept the following as evidence:
• COVID-19 digital certificate using the Service Victoria app
• COVID-19 digital certificate in a smart phone wallet
• Printed copy of COVID-19 digital certificate or immunisation history statement
• Australian Immunisation Register certificate
Social distancing measures at A Maze’N Things:
- We have introduced new arrangements for social distancing within queues. Clear signage has been installed in our building entry, indoor activities, retail shop and café to help visitors keep a safe distance from one another. Our staff will monitor the queues to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
- We have reconfigured our café area and focused our outdoor seating, with picnic areas and a shaded rotunda available for use. As you enjoy these areas, please kindly maintain social distance between visitors who are travelling separately.
- We have introduced capacity limits within our attraction (in accordance with government guidelines). These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- Some experiences are currently unavailable to ensure that hygiene and social distancing is suitably maintained. This includes the LookOut Slide (giant drop) and SkyTrail high ropes course.
Hygiene and disinfection measures at A Maze’N Things:
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as tables and chairs, service counters, door handles, buttons and taps.
- There are several automated hand sanitiser dispensers around the attraction for visitors to use.
- Our menu offering from Puzzle Cafe has been reconsidered to place a greater emphasis on takeaway options.
- As with our staff, we politely request that all our visitors uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
- Our staff have completed in COVID-19 specific training instructing them how to stay safe as well as how to keep our visitors safe.
- All staff attending our venue have demonstrated that they have received full Covid-19 vaccination.
I’ve bought a Phillip Island Experience (PIE) Pass – how do I redeem this?
- On arrival at our front counter, please present your PIE Pass for redemption. If you have purchased your PIE Pass online and do not yet have a physical pass, please present your phone for our staff to record your details, and we will supply a pass for you.
- Please note: PIE Passes allow entry to our Puzzle Island, Magic Manor and Maze activities only. If you would like to upgrade your ticket and play our Maxi Mini Golf course, please ask our staff when visiting.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us stay safe and stay open.